Betting on Our Future (BOOF) is a youth-driven statewide problem gambling awareness campaign supported by the California Friday Night Live Partnership and the California Office of Problem Gambling. As part of the AACI AMPLIFY program, this Youth Gambling Awareness Campaign is a part of an established media campaign that communicates the risks, signs and consequences of gambling among youth. The mission of the project is to create and execute interactive, high-energy presentations on youth problem gambling.
The main objective of BOOF is to empower youth to be advocates of change by raising awareness not only about the risks of addiction and problem gambling, but also by informing others about existing resources through media. BOOF is an after school program that recruits students to increase gambling awareness through youth-led media projects and community screenings.
Project Goals and Objectives
- Produce 2 public service announcements (PSAs) to raise awareness in the local community and to be utilized by the Office of Problem Gambling in their statewide media campaign
- Produce a 4-minute educational long-form video to raise awareness and educate the community about problem gambling among youth and the resources available
- Produce a graphics campaign to assist in disseminating information about the national problem gambling hotline and local resources
- Plan and a host a community screening where youth and community members will learn about the media projects and the effects of problem gambling
- Plan and survey the community about their knowledge and awareness of problem gambling
BOOF is an award-winning program that lasts for about 8-9 months, from October to June. Youth interested in BOOF must apply in the Fall. Applications will be announced in October every year.
To stay updated on the application and for more information on how to get involved with BOOF, please contact us at (408) 975-2730 ext. 404 or send us an email at email@example.com.